Monday, October 14, 2013

Let's Learn Our Shapes!

Since Miss Amanda started the students have been learning a lot about their shapes! Miss Amanda has little rhymes that she says to help the kids learn the shapes and to help describe what they look like. Below you will find the rhymes that she says.

Square: All four sides are just the same, Sammy square is my name!

Circle: Round and round and round I go, I'm shaped like a ball I'm circle Joe!

Diamond: Donny diamond flies like a kite, Donny diamond he's alright!

Rectangle: 2 sides short & 2 sides loooong, Randy rectangle, that's my song!

Heart: All my friends have a heart! (pats hand over heart)

Oval: Oscar oval shaped like an egg, he has a friend named Meg!

Triangle: Count my sides, 1, 2, 3 Tommy triangle this is me!

Star: Twinkle, Twinkle, little star!

No comments:

Post a Comment